Poem in October Summary
‘ Poem in October ‘ by Thomas tells of a speaker’s journey out of autumn and up a hill to reclaim childhood joy, the summer season, and his spirituality.
The poem begins with the speaker stating that he was thirty years old when he wrote this. it had been his birthday and he chose to travel on a walk. He left his home, traveled alongside the water’s edge, listened to the seabirds, and therefore the woods.
The speaker left the town behind and commenced a climb up a close-by hill. As he rose the town shrank. At an equivalent time, the season began to vary. Autumn, and it’s cool air, faded away and therefore the summer returned. The rain continued as he climbed, as did the presence of birds. These two images are crucial to the speaker’s understanding of happiness and childhood.
When he finally need to the highest of Capitol Hill it had been like he had reached heaven. He was far above the coolness of autumn and he became absorbed with memories of his childhood. The speaker recalled coming to his place together with his mother and what it meant to him them. He hoped while on Capitol Hill that the enjoyment he experienced will last throughout the year. Perhaps he will return to reclaim it when he turns thirty-one.
Poem in October Poem in October Poem in October Poem in October Poem in October Poem in October Poem in October
- Read More...
- Discuss the three stages of Chaucer’s poetic development. /Chaucer as a poet.
- Why is Chaucer called the father of English poetry?
- What picture of Anglo-Saxon life do you get in Beowulf?
- What is Romanticism? Discuss salient features of Romanticism with special reference to W.Wordsworh and John Keats
- The Collar by George Herbert: Summary & Analysis
- London 1802 Summary And Analysis By William Wordsworth
- To His Coy Mistress Poem Summary and Analysis
- Poem in October by Dylan Thomas Analysis
- Fern Hill By Dylan Thomas Summary & Analysis
- Sailing to Byzantium Summary by William Butler Yeats
- She Walks In Beauty Poem by Lord Byron Analysis
- Batter My Heart (Holy Sonnet 14) Summary and Critical Analysis
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets: Sonnet 18 Summary
- How would you portray 18th century as the age of Satire?
- Morning Song Poem by Sylvia Plath
- Is Romanticism is a revival or a revolt? (Short question)
- The Patriot by Robert Browning: Summary & Analysis
- Poem in October by Dylan Thomas Poems
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf Summary
- The Second Coming Summary by William Butler Yeats
- Write a Composition —- The season I like most